Designed with the guidance of dog behavior nerds, walkers and trainers, the Scout Leash fulfills and promotes three of your dog’s primary instincts during walks: following, exploring and playing. And with a built-in Stash Pocket and swiveling, auto-locking carabiner, Scout makes it easy to go from city street to wilderness trail with everything you need — from poop bags and coffee money to car keys — right at hand.
Scout’s 3 Modes
- Explore Mode: Fully extend Scout so your dog has the freedom to explore as far as 4 ½ feet away. The bungee section provides 3 to 4 inches of flex to soften any jarring stops or directional changes. (Squirrel!)
- Follow Mode: Shorten Scout to a static leash by clipping the buckles together so your dog can walk calmly by your side — and you'll have better guidance and control whenever you need it.
- Play Mode: Detach Scout from your dog’s collar or harness, then wrap it around your torso and fasten the carabiner through the handle for hands-free, off-leash playtime. Please be sure to follow all off-leash regulations and safety protocols.
Learn more about how the Scout Leash promotes your dog’s natural instincts.
Materials & Design
- Soft, durable, climbing-grade tubular webbing
- Anodized aluminum carabiner that auto-locks for maximum security and swivels to minimize leash twisting
- Duraflex® Rocklockster® buckles
- Built-in Stash Pocket* made from sustainable deadstock ripstop nylon
- Bar-tacked attachment points for lasting durability
Bar Tack Stitching
We don’t glue our materials together or sew like Grandma; we stitch ’em right and tight. This super strong stitch is the same one used on climbing harnesses and firefighters’ gear.
Buckles are one of the key safety features in any leash or collar. So when it comes to buckles, we don’t mess around: We use the best ones on the market. Our Weinerlock® collar buckles can handle up to 225 pounds of pull.
Frequently Asked Questions
Non-custom items can be returned or exchanged within 60 days of delivery. Visit our return portal for a free return. Use your 9 digit order number to find your order. IF YOU HAVE A 5 DIGIT ORDER NUMBER, ADD 1003 IN FRONT OF THE 5 DIGITS. Once you've been to the portal and filled out the information - you'll receive an email with a pre-paid label to return your item. You're done.
Please don't send any of your animal back to us. Please lint roll all items to avoid a 20% restocking fee.
If you’re making an exchange and your exchange item is in stock, you should receive your replacement order within 2 weeks after we receive your returned merchandise. We’ll send you an email when your new order is on its way!
*Custom items are not returnable, but fully covered under warranty for defects. If there is a sizing issue, please let us know and we'll do our best to remedy the situation. Custom items include: Stunt PuppyID Collars, CollarLab, Hand-Lettered Custom Collars, Adjustable Collar Tags as well as any custom tailored item.
Stunt Puppy uses USPS, UPS or FedEx to provide our customers with the best rates and service. The majority of orders are shipped within one business day. You can also contact us with any questions. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation email from us. We will include the tracking number so that you may track your order.
All our gear is warrantied one year from the time of purchase. If you have an issue - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us at email@example.com or 888-265-5006 and we'll be happy to help.