The Float Doggy uses a unique combination of structural design and materials to provide a secure, ergonomic, comfortable fit and balanced flotation.
Two things make it totally different to other dog life jackets:
- The only dog life jacket that is enclosed between the front legs - others are open between the front legs
- Enclosed is better for buoyancy, security and comfort, particularly when being lifted
- Flotation in the under-chest panel supports the heavier shoulder area and helps keep the head higher in the water
- Attaching the handle to the full harness supports the dog fully, secures them firmly and eases pressure on soft tissue
Curved and Articulated Panels create a more streamlined fit
- Every panel on the Float Doggy is curved to mirror the shape of a dog’s body
- Each panel is articulated for flexibility to improve comfort and movement and give a streamlined fit
- Panels use different densities of foam to best balance flotation and reduce bulk
- Independent front and rear adjustments allow for different body shapes
As with all Stunt Puppy gear, we use the best materials for the job like Cordura® fabrics and Solas® reflective tapes and bar-tack our fastenings for durability and safety.
Bar Tack Stitching
We don’t glue our materials together or sew like Grandma; we stitch ’em right and tight. This super strong stitch is the same one used on climbing harnesses and firefighters’ gear.
There are no straight lines on a dog, so there are no straight lines on a Stunt Puppy. To find the best fit on an asymmetrical cylindrical object (your dog’s torso) you need to shape, contour, and hinge every piece. Look at one of our jackets and you’ll see the same shapes and outlines as you see on your dog. The result: the most ergonomic fit on doggy shapes, maximum room for movement, coverage and adjustment where it’s needed and no fur-snagging velcro or zippers.
We make our gear with the same fabrics you’ll find in your own favorite stuff. We match performance fabrics to the conditions we’re making the jacket for and always aim for the most comfortable, lightweight, dog-friendly combinations we can find. Because as we’re sure you’ll agree, it’s never just a dog.
XXS: 2-6.5 lb body like a chihuahua
XS: 6-12 lb body like a mini-poodle
S: 12-24 lb like a cocker spaniel
M: 24-55 lb body like a boxer
L: 55-120 lb body like a labrador
XL: 115-180 lb body like a Pyrenees
“I love this life jacket! Bought a medium for my 43 lbs shepherd mix and it fits perfect! Easy to put on and very secure.”
Kat, Stunt Puppy customer
When and why your dog needs a life jacket.
Watch and listen as Stunt Puppy product expert, Angela tells us the unique features of Stunt Puppy's Float Doggy™ and why your dog needs a life jacket.